…an informal conversation with a cluster of friends and God, all at the same time, brings us together each week
1. Two or three persons might make up a group (or a dozen!).
2. Groups can meet anytime, anywhere…breakrooms, offices, picnic tables, park benches, lobbies, cafés, homes, even cars.
3. Just talk with each other and God at the same, truly like a conversation. You can be intimate with God and still in awe of Him. No prayer-speeches. No preachey words. Just conversation with God together.
Topics some use to start the conversation:
• God, the one word that best describes my week is _______________________________, because:___________________________________________________________________.
• God, this week I have been seeing Your Hand at work in: __________________________________________________________________________.
• God, I think You might want to use me to be part of the answer to (whose?) problem. __________________________________________________________________________
• God, the “biggest issue” in my life right now (that I am comfortable in sharing) is: _______
• A Bible verse that has helped me see my current situation more clearly says something like:
Your group might use 2 or 3 of these “prompts” each time they gather…keep it varied each week. Make the time as much like a conversation as possible…talk with God just like you do each friend. That’s all.
See what HE does in “big issues” and in lives!
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and dine with him, and he with Me”. Revelation 3:20 NASB
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions (asking) and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life”.
Phil. 4:6-7 The Message Translation